Breast augmentation is perennially one of the most popular cosmetic procedures in the country. Our patients who choose to undergo breast augmentation in Kalispell aren’t celebrities, they’re real people. Many of our patients are moms, grandmothers, businesswomen, teachers, etc., and they all have unique, personal reasons for wanting breast enhancement. In this post, we will discuss the benefits of breast augmentation and offer some ideas to reflect on if you’re considering the procedure.
Perks of Breast Augmentation
- You are the boss when getting a breast augmentation. During your consultation, you will work with your surgeon to create a treatment plan that fits you. It will incorporate your aesthetic desires, lifestyle, body type, and, of course, safety. You have the ability to truly customize how your breasts will look.
- It can boost self-confidence. Not only does breast augmentation change you physically, but it can be a catalyst for emotional change too. The procedure can help you regain self-esteem while promoting a positive body image. Many patients report emotional satisfaction post-surgery. Finally taking the plunge and getting the breast procedure that you’ve always wanted can affect both body and mind.
- Breast augmentation can ease the effects of aging. And it can correct issues that have bothered you as you’ve gotten older. Breasts can be dramatically changed by aging, weight fluctuations, and pregnancy. A breast augmentation combined with a breast lift can be a great way to regain youthful contours and reshape sagging or deflated breasts. You can read more about other body contouring procedures that complement breast augmentation in this related blog post.
- The results of breast augmentation are long-lasting and natural-looking. Patients have 3 different options for discreet incisions: inframammary, periareolar, and transaxillary—all of which are very well-concealed. You also have options for size, shape, placement, and texture for results that truly blend with your body. Implant manufacturers typically offer a 10-year warranty on implants, but many women have the same implants for much longer. You can see some of our patients’ results in our gallery of breast augmentation before-and-after photos.
Considerations for Breast Augmentation
- Board certification is important. Plastic surgery, or any medical treatment, is not something to take lightly. Although breast surgery rarely has serious complications, it is important to find a skilled and experienced surgeon to achieve an optimal outcome. If your surgeon is not certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgeons, they have not demonstrated proficiency in procedures such as breast augmentation.
- Like any and all surgeries, safety is paramount. This is why you must be open and honest with your surgeon. Good communication facilitates improved safety through your surgical process. It is also vital to follow your surgeon’s pre-op and post-op instructions. This helps ensure your procedure and recovery will go smoothly.
- Determine what is best for you, and only you. You should not be getting this procedure for any other person. If it makes you happy, go for it—it’s your body. You will be the one going in for surgery, going through recovery, and living with the results.